Examples in the Art of Complaining
EXAMPLES IN THE ART OF COMPLAINING
At some time in our lives, we all would like to complain about
something. Russell D. Hoffman has had hundreds of To the Editor
letters published, and he has effectively lobbied The State for a
number of minor and major causes. Also, he has written numerous
letters to companies he felt have given poor service or sold shoddy
stuff. Selected highlights from this "career" are included here.
EXAMPLES IN THE ART OF COMPLAINING contains just that:
letters of complaint. You can use these letters as the basis of your
own grievence letters to get better service, to right a wrong, or
just to get the satisfaction of knowing you had said your piece.
Currently, the book is self-published and contains several dozen real-life examples of the best material. Often hilarious, it is an informative guide to the art of complaining.
If you're the kind of person who would like to get actual examples of Examples in the Art of Complaining, you can read the following, taken right from the book:
- Misleading Graphics!
- They printed a very misleading chart on their cereal box!
- Body Parts For Sale?
- We need some laws changed here!
- Why aren't VideoPhones a Success?
- AT&T could make them succeed if they'd follow this suggestion
- Why can't AT&T Print on Both Sides?
- AT&T: I just can't leave them alone...
- California Smoking Initiative Part 1
- Part 1 of a fight against the big boys with lotsa money!
- California Smoking Initiative Part 2
- Part 2 of a fight against the big boys with lotsa money!
- California Smoking Initiative Part 3
- Part 3 of a fight against the big boys with lotsa money!
- Young Killer
- In 1995 a 14 year old shot and killed a San Diego pizza deliveryman in cold blood.
We have concentrated a lot of our complaints on the topic of Space Debris. Here are some examples:
- Space Debris
- An exposé about this shameful pollution
- Failed Russian Probe to Mars
- From the folks that brought you Chernobyl
- Comment to NPR
- A comment to National Public Radio on Space Junk
- Comment to CNN
- A comment to CNN on the tethered satellite experiment
- Correspondence with someone at JPL
- Comments about the rings of Saturn, space probes, aliens, and cosmic nothingness
- Letter to NASA
- Asking what is being done (1993)
Other topics include getting a stop sign put up outside his old apartment, disputes over insurance payments, gas payments, etc.
THIS BOOK WAS TOO HOT FOR THE ESTABLISHED PRESS!!
This book has been rejected, on the basis of a cover letter, by the following reputable publishers.
Each sent me a polite but firm letter of declination. Most thanked me for my interest in them and wished me good luck "finding a home for the book" as one put it.
- CAREER PRESS
- THE HARVARD COMMON PRESS
- PEACHTREE PUBLISHERS
- MUSTANG PUBLISHING
- THE FREE PRESS
- WORKMAN PUBLISHING COMPANY
- PALADIN PRESS
- WARNER BOOKS, INC.
- ST. MARTIN'S PRESS
- THE SEAL PRESS
- PRIMA PUBLISHING
- SELF-COUNSEL PRESS
"Complaining is like a fine whine. It is never useful if it is left corked up."--Russell D. Hoffman
PRICE: $15.00 PLUS $4.00 SHIPPING AND HANDLING.
(CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS PLEASE ADD SALES TAX.)
Table of Contents
The Animated Software Company
Last modified March 27th, 1997.
Webwiz: Russell D. Hoffman
Copyright (c) Russell D. Hoffman