Seven questions still left on 10-11-2001
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, "Barbara Boxer, Senator (CA, D)" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
From: "Russell D. Hoffman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Seven questions still left on 10-11-2001
October 11th, 2001
One month after the tragic attack, there are still some serious questions that need to be answered. Here are seven big ones:
1) Is Vice President Dick Cheney healthy? Even if we aren't allowed to know where he is most of the time for security reasons, he still should be making appearances before the media, who can ask him questions of their choosing. The American public has a right and a need to see our Veep, not just the Prez. Even as V.P. he is still one of our leaders. Some of us wonder if his health would make him unable to perform the duties of president if called upon to do so, and if that's true, the public needs to know that. [Note: Minutes after this was sent out, a very brief video clip was shown on FOX News of Cheney leaving a car and entering a building. -- rdh]
2) How come fighter jets took off from Langley AFB, bound for Washington, DC, at 9:30 am on September 11th, but 13 minutes later, at 9:43, when the plane struck the Pentagon, those jets were said to be "12 minutes away"? (These numbers are from a Dateline NBC broadcast which didn't question them. Other media generally are reporting -- and not questioning -- the same numbers.) Langley AFB is about 130 miles from DC. So at the speed these planes fly at, even allowing for acceleration and takeoff, they are less than 7 minutes away from DC to begin with.
3) Similar discrepancies exist for the NYC fighter planes AND there is at least one video of the WTC attack (FOX has it) which seems to show something moving extremely rapidly across the scene. It's not a missile. Was it a fighter jet? Can it be heard on the audio tracks? Some reports said the fighters were "8 minutes away" when the second jet struck the tower. But the base they took off from (in Massachusetts) is only about 8 minutes away from NYC if you kick in the afterburners. So what's up with these phoney timelines we've been presented with?
4) When are we going to be told exactly what United Flight 93 did, according to its black boxes? Where exactly was it headed? What was its exact timeline of events? How did the plane go down? Why were the passengers heard to scream twice, according to the father of one of the passengers, who was on the phone when the plane went down?
5) The Nuclear Regulatory Commission, on September 21st, 2001, said that on September 11th, 2001, they kicked into action at 10:00 a.m., telling all the plants to go on high alert, whatever that means (not much, I'm sure). The second plane struck the second tower at 9:02 a.m. erasing even the slightest doubt that this was an accident. So the question is, what did the NRC do from 9:02 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.?
6) Why haven't we American citizens managed to force our leaders to shut down the nukes permanently yet? They are each a catastrophe waiting to happen, which would be many orders of magnitude worse than the WTC horror. And it doesn't take terrorism. That's only the most obvious worry, but there are 1000 other ways a nuke can create a dead zone the size of a small country.
7) Security experts testifying before Congress this week have stated that there is a "100%" chance of future terrorist retaliations in America. Why is so little being done to reduce our vulnerabilities? We are being told to simply go about our business, when that is NOT what Americans want to do. We want to help make America safe, secure, and strong, but instead we are being told to twiddle our thumbs. We can build windmills so the nukes can be closed. There are always things to be done at times like these. America must roll into full crises mode right away.
-- Russell Hoffman, Concerned Citizen, Carlsbad, CA
Several items are included below: A Romanian editorial, a news item about Belgium, and some suggested links for more information about nukes and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
The Romanian editorial included below was originally posted on a listserv I subscribe to by "P. Elofson-Gardine, Exec. Dir." <email@example.com> .
Sam, Thank you for sending this! Wow, talk about lump in the throat, what an incredible tribute. Best, P.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 11:10 PM
Subject: Recognition of American Uniqueness
Subject: Editorial from a Romanian newspaper
An ode to America
Why are Americans so united? They don't resemble one another even if you paint them! They speak all the languages of the world and form an astonishing mixture of civilizations. Some of them are nearly extinct, others are incompatible with one another, and in matters of religious beliefs, not even God can count how many they are.
Still, the American tragedy turned three hundred million people into a hand put on the heart. Nobody rushed to accuse the White House, the army, the secret services that they are only a bunch of losers. Nobody rushed to empty their bank accounts. Nobody rushed on the streets nearby to gape about.
The Americans volunteered to donate blood and to give a helping hand. After the first moments of panic, they raised the flag on the smoking ruins, putting on T-shirts, caps and ties in the colors of the national flag. They placed flags on buildings and cars as if in every place and on every car a minister or the president was passing. On every occasion they started singing their traditional song: "God Bless America!".
Silent as a rock, I watched the charity concert broadcast on Saturday once, twice, three times, on different TV channels. There were Clint Eastwood, Willie Nelson, Robert de Niro, Julia Roberts, Cassius Clay, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Springsteen, Silvester Stalone, James Wood, and many others whom no film or producers could ever bring together. The American's solidarity spirit turned them into a choir. Actually, choir is not the word. What you could hear was the heavy artillery of the American soul. What neither George W. Bush, nor Bill Clinton, nor Colin Powell could say without facing the risk of stumbling over words and sounds, was being heard in a great and unmistakable way in this charity concert.
I don't know how it happened that all this obsessive singing of America didn't sound croaky, nationalist, or ostentatious! It made you green with envy because you weren't able to sing for your country without running the risk of being considered chauvinist, ridiculous, or suspected of who-knows-what mean interests. I watched the live broadcast and the rerun of its rerun for hours listening to the story of the guy who went down one hundred floors with a woman in a wheelchair without knowing who she was, or of the Californian hockey player, who fought with the terrorists and prevented the plane from hitting a target that would have killed other hundreds or thousands of people. How on earth were they able to bow before a fellow human?
Imperceptibly, with every word and musical note, the memory of some turned into a modern myth of tragic heroes. And with every phone call, millions and millions of dollars were put in a collection aimed at rewarding not a man or a family, but a spirit which nothing can buy. What on earth can unite the Americans in such a way? Their land? Their galloping history? Their economic power? Money? I tried for hours to find an answer, humming songs and murmuring phrases which risk of sounding like commonplaces. I thought things over, but I reached only one conclusion.
Only freedom can work such miracles!
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
The Magnum-Opus Project---The Mission: To do a greater good.
Righting the wrongs of the Manhattan Project's deceit and treachery national security methods using openness and accountability.
DOE Watch List--Where toxic health damage is not a mystery.
A news list combined with scientific studies to expose the problems.
DOE Watch OR Web page: http://members.aol.com/doewatch
Rocky Flats EIN page: http://members.aol.com/magnu96196/EINHome.html
Toxic metals and fluorides concentrate in lymph nodes and cause damage to macrophage mitochondrial DNA, leading to illnesses. See the analysis at http://members.aol.com/magnu96196/cfs.html
In the 1980's, Oak Ridge managers established a national alliance of DOE friendly supplanted activists and old DOE scientists to mislead gullible fluoride affected sick workers and communities in order to fabricate a health mystery and avoid the extreme liabilities of the fluorides health damage to uranium gas diffusion chemical plant workers and communities.
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
IF THEY CAN, WE CAN:
>>>>> From: Platts' news service: >>>>>
Brussels (Nuclear News Flashes)--10Oct2001
The Belgian government will draft a nuclear phase-out law by the end of the year, said energy secretary Olivier Deleuze following an Oct. 9 policy statement by Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt who promised a bill in "the coming months." As agreed between Verhofstadt's liberal party and its Green coalition partners two years ago, the bill will call for closure of Belgium's seven PWRs after 40 years' operation. Deleuze said, "This decision fulfills one of the most important items of the governmental agreement, by which we definitively distance ourselves from use of an energy source that is unjustified from an ethical and ecological viewpoint."
<<<<< END OF PLATTS' NEWS SERVICE ITEM <<<<<
A rebuttal to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's outrageous press release from September 21st, 2001:
CLOSE THE NUKES!!! FOR GOD'S SAKE, CLOSE THE NUKES!!!
Contact California Governor Davis:
Contact President Bush:
For more information about why we must close the nukes now please visit:
This web page has been presented on the World Wide Web by:
The Animated Software Company
First posted October 11th, 2001.
Webwiz: Russell D. Hoffman