STOP CASSINI NEWSLETTERS
Table of Contents
Generally, all newsletters have been posted as soon as practical after initial publication.
New ACLU research has, quite by accident, uncovered information indicating that Bruce Gagnon specifically, as well as others in Global Network and group itself, have been the target of Pentagon and NASA infiltration and additional violations of their civil rights. We have offered all possible support to GN and the ACLU to help to get to the bottom of this outrageous usurption of our civil liberties and of our rights, and of the purpose of democracy.
NASA & PENTAGON SURVEILLANCE
OF GLOBAL NETWORK
As the Global Network (GN) prepares for its 13th annual space organizing conference in New York City, on April 29-30 , a call came into our office today [April 21st, 2005] from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
The ACLU office in Brevard County, Florida (where NASA and the Kennedy Space Center are located) called to inform the Global Network that an ACLU investigation of the Brevard County Sheriff's department has revealed 600-700 pages of internal files documenting extensive infiltration and surveillance of the Global Network and other anti-war activities in the county during recent years. The files contained descriptions of Global Network members as being "anti-American."
The ACLU investigation, which began last January, also revealed that NASA was gathering information on European demonstrations against the launching of weapons and nuclear power in space during recent years. In addition, the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (OSI), based in Tampa, Florida, had infiltrated the Global Network as late as October of 2002 during the organization's annual Keep Space for Peace Week.
According to the ACLU the investigations centered on Global Network Coordinator Bruce Gagnon and Global Network members Mary Beth Sullivan and Maria Telesca. In addition to infiltration of the organization, the ACLU noted that the investigations included background checks, driving histories, address histories, as well as other information gathering activities.
The ACLU has requested permission to pursue legal action on behalf of Bruce, Mary Beth, and Maria. The ACLU intends to attempt to retrieve all surveillance files gathered on Global Network members and to pursue a possible lawsuit.
Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space
PO Box 652
Brunswick, ME 04011
(207) 319-2017 (Cell phone)
http://space4peace.blogspot.com (Our blog)
Nuclear INSecurity; An Apology to Gagnon, Haber, Becker, Rosin, and Mark (Aug 18th, 2004)
Married to the Radioactive Blob: Mrs. Cassini (July 25th, 2004) (addenda)
A very confused and troubled
NASA supporter fabricates a flurry of foul-language missives that miss their
mark entirely! (January 8th, 2004)
Ken Chang relies on fake
activists for news quotes! (December 16th, 2003, with follow-up)
Index of /cassini/cass2003 (recent correspondences and essays about Cassini):
Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory 16-Aug-2003 08:52 -
BKG20030731.htm 14-Aug-2003 14:10
07-Jul-2003 17:13 17k
06-Jul-2003 15:48 22k
ducktape.htm 11-Feb-2003 13:59 9k
20-Sep-2003 18:17 12k
13-Feb-2003 09:55 55k
- Newsletter #254: February, 2002
-- First new issue of the STOP CASSINI newsletter -- NASA tries to quietly
restart their nuclear program -- DON'T LET THEM!
- Newsletter #253: February, 2000
-- Last issue of the STOP CASSINI newsletter (until Feb, 2002)
- Newsletter #252: January 18th,
2000 -- Welcome, Comrades, to a new Russian winter!
- (1) Putin: Scary, crafty, nuts (and so are we)
- (2) Michio Kaku to appear on Art Bell this Thursday (January 20th,
- (3) Sign a petition (or two), feel like you've done something
- (4) Bruce Gagnon: A history of disinformation
- (5) Unfinished business list
- (6) Official government contact points
- (7) Newsletter subscription information
- Newsletter #251: January 1st,
2000 -- Congratulations, world!
- A round-up of Y2K-events, big, small and smaller
- Newsletter #250: December 30th,
1999 (evening edition) -- Are YOU prepared yet? I hope so!
- (1) Happy Christmas from the nuclear industry
- (2) New York, New York could go dark any minute
- (3) Top six reasons Clinton should act now to increase safety factor!
- (4) From the mailbag: Big arguments over fine lines
- (5) Y2K is coming -- good luck!
- (6) Tell Clinton how you feel -- Official government contact points
- (7) Newsletter subscription information
- (8) Newsletter Authorship notes and additional URLs
- Newsletter #249: December 30th,
1999 (early edition) -- 50% of capacity
- (1) More information on reactor dangers from Lewis and Shannon
- (2) "There is no way to simulate the Y2K moment"
- (3) A little encouraging news: [some] US Nuclear Stations to Cut Power
Output During Y2K Rollover
- (4) From the mailbag: Mike Orton responds
- (5) From the mailbag: More response to newsletter #246
- (6) Television show about Cassini planned
- Newsletter #248: December 27th,
1999 (late edition) -- Inherent design flaws in GE Boiling Water Reactors
- (1) Jack Shannon on nuclear dangers from GE plants
- (2) From the mailbag: Hawking a genius, no doubt
- (3) Risk from micrometeoriod impacts a significant hazard in space
- (4) Pentagon confident Russian Y2K failures won't kill millions of
- Newsletter #247: December 27th,
1999 -- Last chance to demand sanity?
- (1) LAST-MINUTE Y2K CALL FOR ACTION
- (2) London: Closed for the holiday
- (3) NASA shutdown for Y2K planned
- (4) Message of hope from Marvin Lewis
- Newsletter #246: December 26th,
1999 -- Never a dull moment
- (1) Hawking complacency
- (2) Losing site of the target (peace)
- (3) Assassination as a tool of democracy (add'l commentaries)
- (4) Can you please sum up 245 issues of the newsletter in one paragraph?
- Newsletter #245: December 25th,
1999 -- Depleted Uranium: America's gift to the world
- (1) First death from Tokaimura accident: Mr. Hisashi Ouchi
- (2) Depleted uranium and its role in peace and stability
- (3) Philip Berrigan and others -- contact information and current status
- Newsletter #244: December 20th,
1999 -- WASH CONFERENCE TO BE BROADCAST LIVE
- (1) WASH and other Y2K items coming up on CSPAN, CSPAN2
- (2) Space Shuttle Discovery lifts off -- Godspeed
- (3) Russian threats mean there are no safe bets
- (4) A wolf in sheep's clothing?
- Newsletter #243: December 17th,
1999 -- Doomsday report
- (1) Cancer rates expected to rise among vets exposed to D.U.
- (2) Soviet-built nuclear plants not ready for Y2K
- (3) Nyquist wants out -- since his only other choice is to correct
- Newsletter #242: December 17th,
1999 -- Nightmare on Main Street
- (1) Return, reuse, recycle -- nuclear waste? Nightmare on Main
- (2) With kindest regards (we will give you cancer)
- Newsletter #241: December 17th,
1999 -- Tools of aggression
- (1) Visit Carol Moore's web site today!
- (2) Historic (and depressing) first: Commercial reactor becomes a "legitimate"
target of war
- (3) Terrorism: The United States remains wholly unprepared for danger
- (4) Perhaps not quite the end of the world but bad 'nuff anyway
- (5) Explosion at Oak Ridge Weapons labs: A taste of things to
- Newsletter #240: December 17th,
1999 -- What, me worry?
- (1) Nuclear industry almost alone as it refuses to budge on Y2K dangers
- (2) The Deadliest Gamble in History
- (3) Keep those faxes, phone calls emails and letters flowing, folks!
- (4) A tisket, a tasket, a deadly license for a casket
- Newsletter #239: December 17th,
1999 -- NASA is full of losers, either way
- (1) Space Shuttle Discovery grounded for what looks like sabotage to
- (2) Space Shuttle Discovery grounded again -- what is it this time?
- Newsletter #238: December 17th,
1999 -- Big Bad Boris issue (Clinton's no saint, either)
- (1) Boris Yeltzin can suck eggs!
- (2) Boris Yeltzin can suck eggs! (Response from Carol Moore)
- (3) Boris Yeltzin can suck eggs! (Response from Canada)
- (4) Boris Yeltzin can suck eggs! (Response from Germany)
- (5) Boris Yeltzin can suck eggs! (Response from NASA)
- Newsletter #237: December 8th,
1999 (evening edition) -- Contact Clinton Continuously!
- (1) World Atomic Safety Holiday call-in set for today and tomorrow!
- (2) The public has a right to know about near-Armegeddons!
- (3) More on disclosure policies for near-Armageddon during Y2K
- (4) John Hallam on de-alerting (letter to Spanky Kirsh, Pentagon)
- (5) Norm Stamper resignation/ more info on the "police riot"
- Newsletter #236: December 8th,
1999 (early edition) -- Peace: Now or never?
- (1) Where to go for more information about Y2K
- (2) Talking World War Three Blues (with an expert at the Pentagon)
- (3) Letter to American Journalism Review about media responsibilities
- (4) More "correspondence" with Jeff Nyquist, prolific writer
for World Net Daily
- Newsletter #235: December 5th,
1999 -- An open letter to NASA
- (1) Scott Portzline to appear on Art Bell show THIS SUNDAY
- (2) New Y2K-nuclear video available
- (3) An open letter to NASA regarding Cassini, MCO and MPL
- (4) Correspondence with NASA employee David F. Doody
- (5) From the mailbag: Comments on our Seattle riots report
- (6) From the mailbag: Comments on those "fools" at NASA
- (7) Tell Clinton how you feel -- Official government contact points
- (8) Newsletter subscription information
- (9) Newsletter Authorship notes and additional URLs
- Newsletter #234: December 1st,
1999 -- Fit to be tie-clipped (I wish I was there)
- (1) This way for the gas, Ladies and Gentleman
- (2) Y2K Glitch found at Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant
- (3) International Campaign to Free Mordechai Vanunu
- (4) Russian port rejects radioactive shipment of scrap metal
- (5) Government looks the other way -- and sees a problem
- Newsletter #233: November 29th,
1999 -- Hey Kids! Don't worry while we kill you!
- (1) Aldermaston gets new management
- (2) A. Stanley Thompson, PhD, on Nuclear Power and Y2K
- (3) "I think it's best not to scare the little children of Russia."
- Newsletter #232: November 27th,
1999 -- Being hopeless and in despair only makes matters worse
- (1) Dr John Gofman's Latest On X-Rays & Cancer, Heart Disease Correlation
- (2) Diet for the Atomic Age (a book by Sara Shannon)
- (3) This looks like an excellent place to order your Potassium Iodide
- (4) Another apologist for Y2K unmasked (local dude on KFMB)
- (5) Riot plan? Even the idea is terrifying (from Robert Sterling's
- (6) Oprah Winfrey to give Bill Richardson a chance to lie to the American
- (7) Shuttle grounded by wiring problems -- Gyros failed on Hubble --
what else is new?
- (8) Ukraine government holds the world hostage as it restarts Chernobyl
- Newsletter #231: November 23rd,
1999 -- Y2K dangers recognized by some; ignored by others
- (1) Whooops! We almost all died! GAME OVER. Try again?
- (2) Euro lobbyists back Y2K resolution
- (3) Berkeley (California) City Council Y2K WASH resolution
- (4) D.U. Update: US says they "lost count" of Uranium shells
- (5) Boldly forth into Y2K we go, heads stuck ever-deeper into the sand
- Newsletter #230: November 21st,
1999 -- Demand Belarus free Professor Yury Bandashevsky!
- (1) Demand Belarus free Professor Yury Bandashevsky!
- (2) Y2K The Movie: What if the so-called experts are wrong?
- (3) Here's "what if": U. S. Government estimates for
"Class 9" nuclear accidents
- Newsletter #229: November 20th,
1999 -- John Hallam speaks out on Bennett, Yahoo, and EP
- (1) John Hallam: Yahoo, Bennett, *BOTH* got EUROPARL Resolution Wrong!
- (2) French, German reactor safety questioned by Jan Wyllie
- (3) FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Why is all this happening, if there's nothing
to worry about?
- (4) Marvin Lewis tries to ask Koskinen a question or two -- but it's
- Newsletter #228: November 19th,
1999 -- The world has had enough
- (1) Bennett followup on EP resolution (with commentary by Paul Swann)
- (2) Aliens, Science, and another nutty NASA historian -- Alex Roland
- (3) Jeff Nyquist demands better "proof" -- live test scheduled
- Newsletter #227: November 18th,
1999 -- SIGNS OF STRIFE and a glimmer of hope
- (1) Support the Markey bill for de-alerting nuclear weapons
- (2) Global Appeal from FoE/Sydney
- (3) SIGNS OF STRIFE abound all around us
- (4) Euro Deputies worried: Such worry is a glimmer of hope
- (5) Senate panel still more worried about panic than why we should
- (6) Ready or not, the NRC say's they are ready
- (7) GW Bush and the Environment: (A doomsday scenario, for sure)
- (8) End of Daze
- Newsletter #226: November 12th,
1999 -- Is NASA shooting its own messenger?
- (1) NASA's Cassini web site to be redesigned
- (2) Dr. Ernest J. Sternglass's "Tooth Fairy Project"
- (3) "The soldiers began to rebel, which is always the most heroic
thing soldiers can do"
- (4) Dancing With the Devil's Stuff (a poem by Russell Hoffman)
- Newsletter #225: November 11th,
1999 -- From the mailbag
- (1) From the mailbag: Jonathan Mark (letter to Senator Bill Bradley)
- (2) From the mailbag: Marvin Lewis (on Koskinen's recent comments)
- (3) From the mailbag: John Hallam to the Clinton, Cohen, Yeltzin etc.
- (4) From the mailbag: Kim Edwards (letter to Tony Blair)
- Newsletter #224: November 11th,
1999 -- Reason for MCO failure confirmed: It was launched by humans
- (1) Veteran's day in America: Thank you, vets!
- (2) MCO failure: JPL at fault, along with the whole system
- (3) MCO failure: There's a screw loose somewhere
- (4) U.S. News & World Report thinks they are subscribers -- they
- (5) Salon Magazine thinks similarly to USN&WR
- (6) Earth when?! Journal -- obviously doesn't think at all!
- (7) Y2K is coming (#2) -- A short poem by Russell Hoffman
- Newsletter #223: November 10th,
1999 -- All the President's Men are lying to him
- (1) John Koskinen fails to fulfill the full duties of his position
- (2) The Dangerous Idiot (A poem by Russell Hoffman)
- (3) Muzzle velocities
- (4) The Leonids are coming (again)! This could be "exciting"
- (5) Why are aliens so darned hard to find?
- (6) STOP CASSINI author's web site wins another award!
- Newsletter #222: November 5th,
1999 -- How are tomorrow's children being protected?
- (1) U.S.E.C. Dooming America and the world to nuclear pestilence
- (2) Bill Smirnow on dangers America faces (+ comments on the EMP)
- (3) From the mailbag: David Bowe, Member of the European Parliament
- (4) From the mailbag: Sunny Lewis, Environment News Network
- Newsletter #221: November 3rd,
1999 (evening edition) -- The secret war against humanity and democracy
- (1) A deadly vision for 2020 (an response to Andrejs Jansons)
- (2) What we could do with the money we waste on war
- (3) Stupidity wins out in the United Nations, 138-0 with 2 abstentions
- (4) Religious writer Michael Hyatt says he's still worried about Y2K
- Newsletter #220: November 1st,
1999 (evening edition) -- Is humanity a lost cause? Let's pretend not!
- (1) John Hallam, FOE Sydney, FAX CAMPAIGN (#1 OF 2)
- (2) John Hallam, FOE Sydney, FAX CAMPAIGN (#2 OF 2)
- (3) Religious leaders pretend there ain't no "demon hot atom" -- to
the world's peril
- (4) Another Useless United Nations Resolution? Unfortunately, yes
- Newsletter #219: November 1st,
1999 -- Frothing at the bit
- (1) From the mailbag: A Response to Andrejs Jansons by Jack Shannon
- (2) JUST ANOTHER NATION GOES TO RESERVATION (a poem)
- (3) Chinese Embassy Bombing-- and something a million times worse
- (4) A skilled attack on the editor of this newsletter? Hardly, but
a calculated one.
- Newsletter #218: October 30th,
1999 -- What have we here? A scientist? I wish!
- (1) From the mailbag: A message from Latvia (part #1)
- (2) From the mailbag: A message from Latvia (part #2)
- (3) From the mailbag: A message from Latvia (part #3)
- (4) From the mailbag: A message from Latvia (part #4)
- Newsletter #217: October 30th,
1999 -- Stop, look, and listen
- (1) What's in a name? Media Hype about "Eco-terrorism"
- (2) Boxed in: A poem by Russell Hoffman
- (3) Virus? I doubt it
- (4) Virus warning from Mike Orton
- (5) Y2K-nuclear (continuation of discussion from newsletter #215)
- Newsletter #216: October 29th,
1999 -- These boots will keep on marching long after I'm gone
- (1) Mother's Alert: HTML code you can use to link to a great web site
- (2) Nuclear Y2K Countdown: The video:
- (3) SHUT 'EM DOWN! SHUT 'EM DOWN NOW! GAO report gives one more reason
- (4) A Joke for the millennium
- (5) From the mailbag: Trashing of space continues, media blindness
- (6) Potassium Iodide: Update from Tokaimura
- (7) Note to readers about upcoming topics to be presented in this newsletter
- (8) Fundamental element discovered: The key to disaster: Lockheedium
- Newsletter #215: October 24th,
1999 -- I seldom enjoy the British sense of humor
- (1) Karl Grossman's presentation to the UN, October 21st, 1999
- (2) NBC made-for-TV-addled-brains-disaster-movie to focus on Y2K issues
-- or will it?
- (3) Too many Y2K-nuclear emails? NO! Way too few! (+info on important
- (4) Electro-Magnetic Pulse: Safe and Happy in your missile silo
- (5) You gotta love that British sense of humor
- (6) Woody Smith: Gone but not forgotten (I wonder if the feeling's
- Newsletter #214: October 23rd,
1999 -- The Deadliest Gamble in History
- (1) The Deadliest Gamble in History: Y2K and nukes
- (2) Elevated levels of Strontium-90 found in baby teeth from around
- (3) HOPE!: Trident2 Condemned in Scotland! PLOUGHSHARES THREE TO BE
ACQUITTED (part 1)
- (4) HOPE!: Trident2 Condemned in Scotland! PLOUGHSHARES THREE TO BE
ACQUITTED (part 2)
- (5) The silly reason we have to do all this is a little document called...
- Newsletter #213: October 22nd,
1999 -- The "demon hot atom"
- (1) James Oberg debate (followup part 1)
- (2) James Oberg debate (followup part 2)
- (3) Small Chemical Plants: Government assessment dire
- (4) From the mailbag: Why don't they get it?
- Newsletter #212: October 21st,
1999 -- Some things Richard Greenberg won't hear
- (1) Nuke Test Ban Treaty, letters to DoE
- (2) Cassini is NOT like MCO! IT's NOT! It's Not, it's not it's not!
- (3) A student is curious about space debris -- I sent him to some "experts"
- (4) Japanese Y2K preparations extensive, late, "unnerving"
- Newsletter #211: October 20th,
1999 -- I'd rather watch baseball
- (1) Bill Smirnow -- seven worries, one very positive step
- (2) Comments about THE EFFECT OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS from Bob Tiller, PSR
- (3) Unsubscribe "STOP Y2K" newsletter? No such animal.
- (4) Silenced at 60 Minutes (the saga continues)
- Newsletter #210: October 19th,
1999 -- Who's flying the plane?
- (1) Who's flying the plane? YOU ARE!
- (2) Lessons that can be learned from Y2K (clip)
- (3) Silenced at 60 Minutes
- Newsletter #209: October 17th,
1999 -- There's a pearl in here!
- (1) Staying focused on Y2K may require the occasional diversionary
- (2) From the mailbag: incoming email about Sergey Borovik
- (3) More correspondence with (and about) Sergey Borovik
- (4) Paul Swann's timely letter: England is indeed at risk today
- (5) Foreign Preparedness for Y2K
- (6) What is "Echelon"?
- (7) Threats to nuclear power and threats to our freedom
- Newsletter #208: October 15th,
1999 -- May God Save Britain
- (1) The "Cassini" debate rages: Part one: Does getting past the asteroid
belt solve everything?
- (2) Part Two: Can England be saved by a government report?
- (3) Links to information on generator failures, sabotage possibilities
- (4) British MPs email addresses
- Newsletter #207: October 12th,
1999 -- Please inquire about Prof Yuri.I. Bandazhevsky
- (1) Markey Resolution: One Giant Leap for Mankind
- (2) Please inquire about Prof Yuri.I. Bandazhevsky
- (3) The mathematics of activism (revisited)
- (4) Please do this today, for tomorrow you may be radioactive
- (5) Io, Io, it's lost in space we go, Io, Io Io Io!
- (6) On this date, an explorer -- Columbus -- was discovered by Indians
- Newsletter #206: October 11th,
1999 -- Dr. Michio Kaku on Y2K
- (1) Dr. Michio Kaku on Y2K
- Newsletter #205: October 10th,
1999 -- Not Worth Jack
- (1) What Paul Swann would have said (and I couldn't have said it better)
- (2) International Atomic Energy Agency doublespeak and the mathematics
- (3) Feedback: Beth Hills on newsletter #204
- (4) Backup Generators, the Nuclear Industry, and the NRC
- (5) Tokaimura update: Stupidity abounded, they say
- (6) Leonid Meteor shower coming November 17th, 1999
- (7) Contact points for upcoming NASA nuclear missions
- (8) Dr. Helen Caldicott on the nuclear threat
- (9) The progress of woman's lib in America, circa 1999
- Newsletter #204: October 8th,
1999 -- The sad story of Jim Hills and his family
- (1) The sad story of Jim Hills and his family
- (2) Technologists take a hit (many of them, anyway)
- (3) I hope RGA was not involved in any Cassini testing
- (4) No, I'm not really this good (I wish I was!)
- (5) Our haste re Haist's taste was a misplaced waste based on new facts
we must now face
- (6) Daily, Weekly, Monthly (a poem by Russell Hoffman)
- Newsletter #203: October 6th,
1999 -- With friends like this, our cause is unstoppable
- (1) Jonathan Mark and Russell Hoffman's comments to the DOE
- (2) I MIGHT be crazy, but that might be just what we need
- (3) Comments on the current CTBT debate
- (4) Criticality accident at Livermore Lab/1963
- (5) Incoming email from Paul Haist, Jewish Review
- (6) Speaking of social Neanderthals, SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE SHOUTING!
- Newsletter #202: October 5th,
1999 -- What does "sheesh" mean?
- (1) Yes, that really happened -- they took off their clothes!
- (2) Soldier of a non-violent revolution (A poem by Elena Baltzis)
- (3) More comments on previous Y2K poetry
- (4) A question to Donald Kerr from Pamela Blockey-O'Brien
- (5) Getting all the grandmothers together (great way to tell the authorities
what you think)
- (6) DOE Nuclear Infrastructure scoping meeting rescheduled
- (7) David Doody's solemn duty now includes telling me what "sheesh"
- (8) An apology to Dwayne Allen Day on behalf of the STOP CASSINI newsletter
- (9) Nyquist runs, but he can't hide any more than anyone else can
- Newsletter #201: October 3rd,
1999 -- Clinton is doing way too little, way too late
- (1) Another report is too little, too late, Mr. President
- (2) Saving Energy for Y2K: Some things America should do
- (3) "Geometry Safe": What it means and what it means not to have it
- (4) Reaction to the poem "Y2K IS COMING" has been very favorable
- (5) Contact point for fair information about the accident in Japan
- (6) Oh yeah, something about Cassini (a reporter finally called!)
- (7) Who is Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)?
- Newsletter #200: September 30th,
1999 -- What say you now, James Oberg?
- (1) An open letter to President Clinton
- (2) What say you now, James Oberg?
- (3) NASA press release about why MCO failed
- (4) Serious accident at Japanese nuke processing plant irradiates at
least three workers
- (5) Report on Hurricane Floyd's "near miss" with the Brunswick, North
- (6) Northeast Utilities fined $10,000,000.00 for sins against humanity
- Newsletter #199: September 29th,
1999 -- Who Said What?
- (1) Dwayne Allen Day disclaims ownership of the remarks Jim Spellman
attributed to him (and rightly so, apparently)
- (2) Old and Obvious News: Jonathan Mark on MCO
- (3) But Obvious to Who? No reports connect the dots!
- (4) Thyroid Cancer update
- (5) DoE hearings on Pu 238 and other nuclear madness scheduled
- (6) Job openings at Physicians for Social Responsibility
- (7) Science-Related Mailing Lists and Newsletters
- Newsletter #198: September 28th,
1999 -- You need a strong stomach for this stuff
- (1) A letter from Jim Spellman to Russell Hoffman
- (2) A response to Jim Spellman's letter
- (3) Heading for Y2K; laughing all the way
- (4) The NASA contractor/employee merry-go-round
- (5) You need a strong stomach for this: Thyroid Cancer
- Newsletter #197: September 27th,
1999 -- An Open Letter to NASA
- (1) An open letter to NASA
- (2) From the mailbag: David F. Doody, NASA Cassini team
- (3) Hanford: Not a comedy of errors, but more than enough errors to
- (4) The Ballad of Bikini Atoll: a Poem by David Morgan
- (5) Rad waste a subject of Harper's Index for August, 1999
- (6) On the edge of their seats -- and I'm on the edge of mine, too!
- Newsletter #196: September 26th,
1999 -- Jeff Nyquist keeps on attacking me -- I wonder why?
- (1) Government report shows nukes can all be shut down for Y2K
- (2) Out of the fire, into the wind tunnel: J. R. Nyquist makes contact
- (3) My response to J. R. Nyquist, famous columnist for World Net Daily
- (4) As luck would have it: Someone recommended I look at a WND document.
This is that document.
- (5) This is my response to that document, mostly written a few days
before receiving JRN's latest letter.
- Newsletter #195: September 24th,
1999 (evening edition) -- More Followup on the Mars Climate Orbiter (MCO)
- (1) James Oberg/Russell Hoffman sequence -- (all from today)
- (2) A letter from F. R. Sarker, Bangladesh
- (3) NASA Historian wants to "unsubscribe" the historic record
- (4) I'm not sure what these new emails from NASA mean
- Newsletter #194: September 24th,
1999 -- Followup on the Mars Climate Orbiter (MCO) loss
- (1) NASA IS CERTIFIED, ALL RIGHT! CERTIFIABLY CRAZY!
- (2) Outgoing mail: Letter to Y2K-nuclear news group
- (3) Outgoing mail: Letter to [should have been to Chris Jones]
- (4) Outgoing mail: Letter to Peter G. Neumann
- (5) Email correspondence with Dr. Lawrence Lasher at NASA
- (6) Larry Klaes on Russian Mars missions (1989 article)
- Newsletter #193: September 23rd,
1999 (late edition) -- Excuses, Excuses
- (1) Industry-wide responses collected by Jim Spellman
- Newsletter #192: September 23rd,
1999 -- A sign from God?
- (1) NEWS FLASH: NASA probe lost during "orbital injection"
- (2) A COMMENT DIRECTED AT EVERYONE AT NASA
- (3) The Game is Up for the U. S. Military nuke missions, too
- (4) Apologies will be accepted, but first of course they have to be
- (5) From the mailbag: Once again Larry Klaes has the details first
- (6) Commentary about the look and feel of this latest NASA failure
- Newsletter #191: September 22nd,
1999 -- Y2K-100-day situation report
- (1) Y2K-100-day situation report by Russell Hoffman
- (2) Request for report posted by Carol Moore
- (3) A response by John Hallam, FOE Sydney, Australia, with an important
- Newsletter #190: September 22nd,
1999 -- Unsubscribers united against truth!
- (1) Wants to "unsubscribe" so she can concentrate on the fight against
D.U. (Say what?)
- (2) United Nations Office of Outer Space Affairs does not want to hear
about the genocide they permit
- (3) SPACE CHRONICLES also doesn't want to learn anything
- (4) GN on the move again: Gagnon organizing a protest at VAFB
- (5) NASA is slitting its own throat; and the people know it
- Newsletter #189: September 21st,
1999 -- Y2K's real dangers are everyday things
- Please write one letter today
- Letter from FoE Sydney - Nuclear Campaign
- Letter from E Ratcliffe Anderson, Jr., MD, Exective Vice President,
CEO American Medical Association to President Clinton
- W.A.S.H. UNANIMOUS STATEMENT TO G-8
- Newsletter #188: September 17th,
1999 -- To: Woody Smith, Curator for the WWW, NASA
Re: Statements you (and possibly others) have made
- Newsletter #187: September 13th,
1999 -- TELL RUSSIAN PIGS TO LEAVE VLADIMIR SLIVIAK ALONE!
- (1) TELL RUSSIAN PIGS TO LEAVE VLADIMIR SLIVIAK ALONE!
- (2) Hot on the trail of the mysterious Dr. Planarian
- (3) DO NOT RE-ELECT SENATOR JON KYL FROM ARIZONA!
- Newsletter #186: September 12th,
1999 -- I expect Woody Smith, Curator at NASA, to resign soon
- (1) AN APOLOGY TO JONATHAN MARK, NOFLYBY WEB SITE
- (2) 1999 STOP CASSINI commemorative CD planned
- (3) Where is RDH's writing going these days?
- (4) A note about recent STOP CASSINI newsletter's lack of numbering
- (5) WHO IS "DR. PLANARIAN"? WE SUSPECT IT'S WOODY SMITH
- Newsletter #185: September 8th,
1999 -- URGENT ALERT
Russian Military not preparing properly for Y2K
- Newsletter #184: September 8th,
1999 -- Letter to Jonathan Haber
Re: Your noflyby letter of this morning
- Newsletter #183: September, 1999
-- A response to Mike Orton regarding Y2K dangers
- Newsletter #182: September, 1999
-- Staring down the Y2K demons
- Newsletter #181: August 31st,
1999 -- Points of Reference
- (1) A reasonable explanation which raises more questions than it answers
- (2) Cassini speed discrepancies partially explained
- (3) Letter from Dr. Horst A. Poehler to Scientific American
- (4) Two official government quotes about the Electro-Magnetic Pulse
- (5) Newsletter index no longer blocked at 150, explanation still unknown
- (6) Y2K and Nukes: A new opportunity for abuse seized!
- Newsletter #180: August 30th,
1999 -- Letter to ABC News regarding flyby speed discrepancies
- (1) Letter to ABC News August 29th, 1999
- (2) People of Pennsylvania: Do not re-elect Senator Rick Santorum!
- Newsletter #179: August 26th,
1999 -- Stop Europa Orbiter
- (1) FUTURE NASA NUCLEAR TOMFOOLERY DIVULGED
- (2) From the mailbag: Thinks I sound a bit "nutty"
- (3) Roundup of Cassini flyby major media URLs
- (4) New name expected soon
- Newsletter #178: August 18th,
1999 -- Feedback
- (1) Knight-Ridder article on Cassini best of the lot
- (2) From the mailbag: Cassini day-by-day thoughts (a poem)
- (3) From the mailbag: LOVEARTH checks in
- (4) From the mailbag: Thanks pour in (much appreciated)
- (5) From the mailbag: A suggestion dripping with irony (or something)
- (6) Official JPL report on the Earth flyby
- (7) What you can do today to stop NASA's nuclear madness
- Newsletter #177: August 17th,
1999 (post-flyby) -- NASA got lucky this time
- Newsletter #176: August 17th,
1999 (pre-flyby) -- Relax
- (1) From the mailbag: Relax (Louise Freeman, age 19)
- (2) Helen Caldicott : Nukes in space are a serious threat to us all
- (3) SPACE NEWS prints Op-Ed by YH&OS
- (4) What you can do today to stop the Cassini flyby of Earth (nothing,
- Newsletter #175: August 17th,
1999 (pre-flyby) -- Media hype surfaces at last
- (1) A conversation with F. R. Sarker
- (2) History of the STOP CASSINI web site in a few short paragraphs
- (3) Statements regarding the flyby by the Stop Cassini editor
- (4) Go News Extra web page links to many Cassini articles today
- (5) Millennium Group posts new Cassini material (and reposts authors'
- (6) From the mailbag: Wants us to protest more about one thing than
- (7) From the mailbag: Wants to know why we're so smart
- (8) From the mailbag: Did not realize it was TODAY!
- Newsletter #174: August 16th,
1999 -- Science is a public asset, not a military secret
- (1) Quit now? After we've come this far?
- (2) One of 6,000,000,000
- (3) Index Stuck at Newsletter #150
- (4) The Gods of Science
- (5) Plutonium percentages on board Cassini
- Newsletter #173: August 15th,
1999 (late edition) -- AP BS IN SD U-T & NCT
- (1) Scientific American article in September, 1999 issue perpetrates
- (2) Resume for Dr. Jerry Grey
- (3) Letter to Dr. Jerry Grey
- (4) AP BS IN SD U-T & NCT
- (5) Mystery of the high number of hits on newsletter #150 RESOLVED:
A "cancel Cassini" web ring stops searches of our Newsletters index page
- (6) Toys for temper tantrums: Y2K and nuclear war
- Newsletter #172: August 15th,
1999 (early edition) --
- (1) Scientific America article on Cassini now out (to be reviewed next
- (2) Web stats for the past week -- thousand served
- Newsletter #171: August 14th,
1999 -- Another promising career cut short
- (1) Another promising career cut short
- (2) Death by cancer is always untimely
- (3) Chernobyl Cancer Cover-up Cruelly Continues
- (4) Dr. J.A.G. and Hans Karow: Truths revealed
- (5) Visiting Dr. J.A.G.'s web site
- (6) TIME magazine reports (sort of) on Cassini
- Newsletter #170: August 12th,
1999 -- The blood on their hands is thick and coagulated
- (1) Press coverage about the lack of press coverage doesn't count as
- (2) Universe Today totally confused; can't understand what's going
- (3) It's so easy to make a mistake.
- (4) A Revolution of the Sane and Simple Must Occur
- (5) David Doody really, REALLY wants to put his head in the sand
- Newsletter #169: August 11th,
1999 -- Dear Ann Landers
- (1) Dear Ann Landers: There's nothing wrong with being prepared
- (2) Doug Isbell assures us all is well with Cassini today. (But tomorrow,
- (3) Britannia, cradle of democracy (at one time)
- (4) The "most protected and most mean spirited people in Washington"
- (5) JPL says TCM was a success -- new nearest approach point given
- Newsletter #168: August 10th,
1999 -- The Voice of the Village Idiot
- (1) Village Voice gives yet another new time and place
- (2) Pushing the envelope: Can Cassini be safely maneuvered?
- (3) "THE GAMBLER'S FALLACY" AS EXPRESSED BY JACKIE ALAN GIULIANO, PH.D.
- (4) Kai Petzke on NASA's moving the target
- (5) Soylent Black: Some people will do anything for publicity
- Newsletter #167: August 9th,
1999 -- The Doomsday Rocket
- (1) English news media awakens to the scandal of Cassini
- (2) Human Error Blamed for Recent Launch and Satellite Accidents
- (3) Leaks, news leaks, and excuses: Shuttle diplomacy
- (4) Plutonium workers to be studied
- (5) Still no sign from God
- (6) The nuclear dragon is dying
- Newsletter #166: August 8th,
1999 -- Can these lies go on forever?
- (1) There can only be two reasons
- (2) John A. Koskinen, Chair, President's Council on Year 2000 Conversion,
responds to the SC editor's statements (+ commentary)
- (3) Brits not so clever, Yanks not so clever, Commies not so clever,
Thai people clever
- (4) Peabrains
- (5) Moral and ethical vacuums
- (6) Jack Shannon not sitting around taking it anymore, either
- (7) A note about NASA's new flyby numbers, and a discussion of WWIII
- (8) There will be no help, there will be no hope (Lord Mountbatten,
- Newsletter #165: August 7th,
1999 -- Cassini retargeted over Polynesia
- (1) NASA changes targets in midstream: Cassini redirected
- (2) Nagasaki Day Present: Cassini now threatens Japan
- (3) India: 1 Billion people there now more in line as plutonium target
- (4) Hiroshima Day: Letter from a reader (+ comment)
- Newsletter #164: August 6th,
1999 -- Hiroshima: 54 years of pain
- (1) August 6th: Hiroshima Day
- (2) Cluster bomblets create mini-catastrophes in Kosovo
- (3) More facts about nuclear weapons
- (4) The Day After: JPL opens for questions, explanations
- Newsletter #163: August 5th,
1999 -- Pioneer 10's 80,000 Curies of plutonium are gone but not forgotten
- (1) Elena Baltzis, 19, of Greely, Ontario, Canada, asks why
- (2) A letter from Hans Karow to Dr. J.A. Giuliano.
- (3) Pioneer 10's 80,000 Curies of plutonium gone but not forgotten
- (4) Plutonium inside the body (government web links)
- Newsletter #162: August 4th,
1999 -- Dr. Jackie Alan Giuliano could learn a lot from a dummy
- (1) Dr. Jackie Alan Giuliano could learn a lot from a dummy
- (2) Jonathan Mark Haber apparently disagrees with JAG
- (3) F. R. Sarker doesn't sound very angry at me, either
- (4) Nor does Hans Karow, Karl Grossman, Elizabeth Picard, etc.
- (5) A smattering of comments from STOP CASSINI newsletter subscriber's
- (6) Non-subscriber contacts list used by the STOP CASSINI newsletter
- Newsletter #161: August 3rd,
1999 -- Sample letter to editors & a response to Jackie Giuliano
- (1) Sample letter to the editor from Hans Karow
- (2) Sandra Dawson takes a vacation
- (3) Gee, you would think this guy almost read one of my newsletters
- (4) New York Times NASA forum debates ongoing
- Newsletter #160: August 2nd,
1999 -- Make Y2K a family day
- (1) Letter from Hans Karow to Daniel Goldin, NASA
- (2) Cassini Vigil planned for August 11th, 1999
- (3) Trajectory Correction Maneuvers (TCMs)
- (4) Y2K and Nukes: Short list of what to do to prepare
- Newsletter #159: August 1st,
1999 -- The unstoppable terrorist within: Nuclear waste
- (1) Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow, who knows?
- (2) NASA shoots blanks for target practice
- (3) Eileen Collins accepts risk as part of space flight
- (4) Rallies to Prevent Y2K Nuclear Catastrophe -- August 6th, 1999
- (5) Nuclear power plant mishaps in Bulgaria and France
- (6) Misc. links of interest to readers of the SC newsletter
- Newsletter #158: July 27th, 1999
-- Louis Friedman and Russell Hoffman agree on something, somewhere
- (1) I guess someone at NASA wants me to comment on this; I don't know
- (2) Alpha tracks after internal contamination
- (3) Potential Threats to the United States and What We Should Do About
Them (Phase 1)
- (4) How the ICRP and all the rest lied to us
- (5) From the Mailbag: Nell Kooyman's statement and collection of links
- (6) List of upcoming plutonium launches (civilian ONLY!)
- Newsletter #157: July 24th, 1999
-- Plutonium Probe is Pure Pesitilence
- (1) Solar Flares and Cassini: Some valid questions
- (2) Letter from Hans Karow to Sandra Dawson, NASA/JPL
- (3) Dawson considers herself insignificant. So why doesn't she resign?
- (4) Probing questions for NASA from Maryann Rada, Coronado, CA
- (5) Plutonium powered probes portend pestilence; peculiar proponents
(pariahs) perplex peaceful people on perfectmost planet
- (6) Dr. Rosalie Bertell on Depleted Uranium dangers
- Newsletter #156: July 22nd, 1999
-- America the Vulnerable
- (1) Introducing John P. Shannon, Major USMC (Retired)
- (2) NAVY whistleblower goes free (in Russia)
- (3) Zenon Kulpa is pro-Cassini. Duly noted.
- (4) Cassini Quiz: 44 Questions
- (5) Other Cassini Quizzes available on the Internet:
- Newsletter #155: July 20th, 1999
-- A nation in mourning once again
- (1) Once our nation's youngest hero, John John is gone
- (2) NASA can't get it up (again)
- (3) FYI: Official EMP-related acronyms
- (4) The problem of non-nuclear EMP weapons (nukes are far worse)
- (5) More places to go for EMP-related information
- (6) Remembering the USS Forrestal, Gulf of Tonkin, 1967
- (7) From the mailbag: Comments about our letter to Democratic Republic
- (8) Is a Nyquist/Hoffman debate in the works?
- (9) Reaching out: Find an Embassy and tell them what you think!
- Newsletter #154: July 17th, 1999
-- A letter to the leaders and people of the Democratic Republic of Congo
- (1) A letter to the leaders and people of the Democratic Republic of
- (2) Web articles opposing Cassini; pre-launch
- (3) Use the Internet to protest Cassini (again)!
- (4) Collections of Cassini links, pro, con, and neutral
- (5) SORRY! Launch Disaster! - THE END
- (6) Some web sites that have published material from the SC newsletter
- Newsletter #153: July 16th, 1999
-- Tonight, J. R. Nyquist is my bogeyman
- (1) Government admits Nuke work was deadly -- but...
- (2) Air Force failed to face reality -- James Oberg report discovered
- (3) Worldwatch won't watch -- prefers flying blind
- (4) From the mailbag: Feels it is a GOOD sign
- (5) J. R. Nyquist (my bogey man tonight) loses his cool (again)
- (6) Gail Stewart, KFMB (San Diego) tunes out her duties to the public
- Newsletter #152: July 15th, 1999
-- World Atomic Safety Holiday (Y2K WASH Campaign)
- (1) Nobody, but nobody, and nothing, but nothing, we have ever made
- (2) Whenever, wherever: Conflicting statements about the Venus and Earth
- (3) Who cares about space? Harris Corp. poll suggests most people don't
- (4) Cassini can't kill everyone. Really it can't.
- (5) Y2K and Nukes: November is not soon enough!
- (6) Delivering bad news is no accident: The undelivered Apollo 11 speech
- (7) Depleted Uranium: A philosophical reply to New Scientist
- Newsletter #151: July 12th, 1999
-- Public attention may soon destroy them
- (1) We may have won a battle, but we haven't won the war
- (2) Frederick de Hoffman's nukes
- (3) The military connection at work: Searching for clues
- (4) Nuclear Aircraft Carriers: A response to our comments (sort of)
- Newsletter #150: July 10th, 1999
-- Plea to Green Cross International
- (1) Pete Conrad killed in motorcycle accident
- (2) Plea to Gorbachev to speak out against nukes in space
- (3) Worldwide Addresses for Green Cross International
- (4) A brief discussion of the philosophical issues regarding Cassini
- (5) History lesson: Lyndon Baines Johnson on the U. S. space program
- Newsletter #149: July 5th, 1999
-- Cassini threatens Africa most of all (again):
- (1) Africans will take the brunt of NASA's scientific hubris.
- (2) Louis Friedman, Exec. Dir of TPS responds to Newsletter #148
- (3) Geostationary satellites are NOT the way to go!
- (4) Alternative Power Sources for a strong America
- (5) The Knight has a thousand eyes: Scientific American Cassini article
- Newsletter #148: July 1st, 1999
-- The reincarnation of Carl Sagan
- (1) Astronomy Article critique, part 1: A comparison of Grinspoon's
1999 article in support of Cassini and Carl Sagan's 1989 article in support
- (2) Astronomy Article critique, part 2: I might as well of been clairvoyant!
- (3) Fred Walter clarifies his position (and I clarify mine)
- Newsletter #147: June 30th, 1999
-- David Grinspoon takes the bait
- (1) David Grinspoon responds (+ response)
- (2) Miami Herald article + response (+ response)
- (3) Pro-Cassini Astronomer + response
- (4) Should Cassini be redirected towards the moon?
- Newsletter #146: June 29th, 1999
-- What is a half-life?
- (1) Finally: SC newsletter editor hears from someone at NASA!
- (2) Some facts and figures about Cassini's plutonium
- (3) More details about plutonium and its radioactive properties
- (4) A nuclear EMP as it relates to hospitals and nuclear power plants
- (5) Interesting web site: Free anti-war banners for the www and print
- Newsletter #145: June 27th, 1999
-- Six ways to commit genocide
- (1) IF Cassini crashes into earth, WHERE would it crash?
- (2) Six different ways Cassini can reenter Earth's atmosphere
- (3) Waiting until after Y2K
- (4) Eyes Wide Open: Web statistics for the STOP CASSINI web site and
- (5) SPACE NEWS reports on Congressional Hearings on the Electromagnetic
- (6) Statements by the editor of this newsletter regarding the Makah
- Newsletter #144: June 25th, 1999
-- A small correction is all it takes: Smash Cassini into the moon!
- (1) SMASH CASSINI INTO THE MOON!
- (2) Time of Earth flyby described by recent NASA report
- (3) Can't we just let Cassini do good science?
- (4) Y2K and nukes: Danger lurks ahead
- (5) Nuclear power plants need offsite power! (reprinted from newsletter
- Newsletter #143: June 23rd, 1999
-- Alive, Awake, Alert
- (1) Scissors, Paper, Stone
- (2) What's next for the Stop Cassini newsletter?
- (3) A relevant clip from NASA's 1995 EIS for the Cassini mission
- (4) Exact time of the second Venus flyby given by NASA
- (5) What is the exact time of the Earth flyby? (When is the party over?)
- Newsletter #142: June 22nd, 1999
-- Astronomy Magazine claims I'm jumping the gun
- (1) A letter from Tracy Staedter, Astronomy magazine
- (2) Nukes and Y2K: A primer
- (3) Obituary: Karl Z. Morgan A brilliant physicist
- (4) Leaving Earth: What you need to bring
- (5) Quote of the Day by Mohatma Gandhi
- Newsletter #141: June 22nd, 1999
-- NASA's assurances are as hollow as NASA scientists' heads
- (1) Solar Flares and Cassini -- where to go for more information
- (2) Plutonium is dangerous
- (3) THESE NASA EMPLOYEES SHOULD BE FIRST PEPPERED AND THEN FIRED
- (4) Free Grigory Pasko
- (5) Civilians were killed in the following towns and cities
- Newsletter #140: June 19th, 1999
-- The greatest technological achievement of all time
- (1) NASA admits to its mistakes, but can't see past its apology
- (2) I guess these guys never heard of the Internet
- (3) Letter to Astronomy magazine
- (4) Bud Aaron demands $5000 for the right to publish his insolence
- (5) Blast from the past: W. W. Schutz, General Electric, 1951
- Newsletter #139: June 17th, 1999
(Evening Edition) -- Life on Venus?
- (1) Hans Karow's FACTS ABOUT CASSINI'S PLUTONIUM
- (2) Do Not Scorn The Activist (an essay by Ernie Measures)
- (3) NATO FORCES DEPLETED OF TRUTH REGARDING DEPLETED URANIUM
- (4) Life on Venus? Sure, that's a worry!
- Newsletter #138: June 17th, 1999
-- Bud Aaron arrogantly tries to pull rank
- (1) Russian space experts turn out to be human -- rdh suspects American
ones are too
- (2) Bud Aaron, Oceanside, California
- (3) More ideas for what you can do today to stop the Cassini flyby
- Newsletter #137: June 16th, 1999
-- Is Charles S. Morris God or does he just play Him at NASA?
- (1) Build a model of Cassini out of paper!
- (2) A look at NASA's Mission Status document for Cassini
- (3) NASA chooses to threaten Africa (no surprise)
- (4) CHARLES S. MORRIS, comforted by his ignorance (or is it his insolence?)
- (5) What you can do today to stop the dangerous flyby of Earth!
- Newsletter #136: June 15th, 1999
-- Correction: Venus has an stifling atmosphere
- (1) Wall Street Journal stops investing in the truth
- (2) Food Irradiation comment period extended to July 18th, 1999
- (3) Cassini spacecraft and solar flares
- (4) Venus: Has an atmosphere, but is indeed, deader than a doornail
- (5) Venus has an atmosphere (correspondence with Larry Klaes)
- Newsletter #135: June 14th, 1999
-- Dr. Karl Z. Morgan, Father of Health Physics, passes away
- Dr. Karl Z. Morgan, Father of Health Physics, passes away at 91
- Protests against Cassini around the world
- Letter to Jeff Nyquist from a reader of both his column and my newsletter
- Letter to Dan Goldin from Maggie Mandzuk
- Conversations with JPL (by David Kaftal)
- Astrology-related links to the STOP CASSINI web site
- Is there a safe alternative to smashing Cassini into Venus?
- Newsletter #134: June 8th, 1999
-- J. R. Nyquist remains elite, elusive and evasive
- J. R. Nyquist responds again and tells me how to run my show
- 50 Useful Links (compiled by Elizabeth Picard)
- Newsletter #133: June 7th, 1999
-- ANTI-CASSINI PROTEST SCHEDULE?
- J. R. Nyquist responds inappropriately -- again
- Elizabeth Picard's letter to J. R. Nyquist
- Radio show about Cassini slated for June 9th, 1999
- Anti-Cassini protests planned for June 11th &12th, 1999
- What you can REALLY do today to stop the planned flyby of Earth
- Subscription information
- Newsletter #132: May 31st, 1999
-- The Highest Grade of Soldier
- Memorial Day, when we honor our fallen veterans
- A few notes about the J. R. Nyquist debate:
- J. R. Nyquist's response to R. Hoffman (with some commentary by RDH)
- R. Hoffman's additional response to J. R. Nyquist
- Something everyone ought to know about nukes
- Subscription information
- Newsletter #131: May 27th, 1999
-- The Most Dreadful Weapon
- The Most Dreadful Weapon -- A CONTEST!
- The Most Dreadful Weapon -- a quote
- This country was founded on truth
- Contact information for Robert Sterling
- Contact information for Robert Cherwink
- The truth will cost you $$$
- New York Times National News Desk should cover everything -- except
- Newsletter #130: May 26th, 1999
-- Letters to NASA
- An awesome letter to Sandra Dawson from Hans Karow
- Letter To Roger D. Launius from Russell D. Hoffman
- Correction: DS1 was testing damaged operation capabilities, not damaged
- WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY TO STOP NASA'S NUCLEAR ATTACK -- CASSINI
- Subscription information
- Newsletter #129: May 24th, 1999
-- Facing Reality
- GAO investigation shows NASA vulnerable to cyber attack
- Study of NASA's problems to be completed a day late and $13 billion
- Is NASA losing DS1, and could Cassini be next?
- Communications with NASA spokesperson Sandra M. Dawson, JPL
- Titan IVB successfully launched
- What was NBC's ATOMIC TRAIN movie really about?
- Followup correspondence with JR NYQUIST regarding survivability of
- Newsletter #128: May 23rd, 1999
-- Is Nuclear War Winnable?
- Newsletter #127: May 20th, 1999
-- Dr. John W. Gofman on Radiation Hazards
- Dr. John W. Gofman on recent scientific proof of radiation dangers
- Good News: Censorship at TPS not as bad as originally estimated
- A further look at NASA's lies: Radioactive Heater Units (RHUs)
- They have 20,000+ nuclear bombs: Russian Threatening U. S. With World
- Newsletter #126: May 17th, 1999
-- Food Irradiation Labeling
- Food Irradiation Labeling: Action needed TODAY!
- Sample letter to FDA by editor of SC newsletter
- Where to send a comment to NASA, and a sample comment
- Newsletter #125: May 12th, 1999
-- Dr. Helen Caldicott speaks to NASA Ames Research Center Employees
- Dr. Helen Caldicott's speech at NASA Ames Research Center
- BBC NEWS report: Further confirmation of D. U. use in Balkans
- More detailed information on actual quantities of D. U. being used
- Letter to Indian Ambassador to the United States
- More of Admiral Hyman Rickover's statements about nuclear power
- Thank you, it's an honor to be here
- Newsletter #124: May 10th, 1999
-- Depleted Uranium use in Yugoslavia confirmed (again)
- D. U. use in Yugoslavia: Even ABC News is reporting on part of it
- We don't need no stinkin' nuclear aircraft carriers!
- Newsletter #123: May 8th, 1999
-- The Effects of Nuclear Weapons
- The Effects of Nuclear Weapons
- Sources for more information about the effects of nuclear weapons
- NATO bombs Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- Newsletter #122: May 7th, 1999
-- Karl Grossman on space weaponization
- Karl Grossman's speech discussing the weaponization of space
- D. U. use in Yugoslavia: Pentagon Confirms what we've been telling
- Nuclear Waste Storage in Beatty Nevada, 1962 - 1992
- Quote of the Day by Thomas Jefferson
- Newsletter #121: May 6th, 1999
-- NASA MAY HAVE KILLED MILLIONS
- Karl Grossman to show award-winning video at Le Hague Appeal for Peace
- NASA: A clear and present danger to society
- Email sent to The Planetary Society May 6th, 1999
- NATO and the threat of nuclear war
- All that glitters is not gold
- Newsletter #120: May 5th, 1999
-- N. Jasentuliyana, Apologist for NASA at the U.N.
- N. Jasentuliyana, Director Office for Outer Space Affairs U.N., apologist
for NASA crimes
- Hans Karow discusses the U.N. stance on plutonium use in outer space
- Dr. Earl Budin's March 10th, 1999 letter to N. Jasentuliyana, U.N.
- Dr. Earl Budin's April 2nd, 1999 letter to N. Jasentuliyana, U.N.
- Russell Hoffman discusses the Jasentuliyana letter
- 1994 article on D. U. available online
- Corrected email addresses (from a contact inside NASA)
- Newsletter #119: May 3rd, 1999
-- World Press Freedom Day
- World Press Freedom Day
- Dr. Joan Russow, Canadian Greens leader, to attend convention in The
- TITAN 4B / MILSTAR 2 update: It still smells like a programming problem
- D. U. use in weapons unheard of in UK
- Media Request: Go Away, Russell (#1)
- Media Request: Go Away, Russell (#2 & #2a)
- Things like this make it all worthwhile
- Historical Perspective: US Army Report (declassified, written 1966)
- There but for fortune go I (again)
- Newsletter #118: May 3rd, 1999
-- Nukes In Space II wins Silver Award in Houston
- Karl Grossman's film Nukes In Space II wins Silver Award in Houston
- How much D. U. is being used in Yugoslavia?
- Newsletter #117: April 24th,
1999 -- Milstar becomes space debris
- Titanic failure (again) -- this certainly could have been Cassini
- A "conditional probability of 1.0" & comments on Space Debris
- Three Mile Island -- 20th anniversary poll results
- Newsletter #116: April 24th,
1999 -- Cut class size = save the world
- Alpha Radiation: It's probably worse than NASA thought
- Smash Cassini into Venus!
- Commercial Spy Sat goes haywire
- (FWD) Efforts against the use of D. U. in the Balkans
- (FWD) British Anti-Cassini efforts continue
- (FWD) Crying out from beneath the bombing
- How to solve all of America's problems
- Nuclear Poetry
- WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY TO STOP THE WAR
- Newsletter #115: April 24th,
1999 -- I am ashamed of what my country is doing in Yugoslavia
- I am ashamed of what my country is doing in Yugoslavia
- Dr. Rosalie Bertell on D. U. Weapons
- Chemical Warfare in Yugoslavia
- D. U. Update on El Al crash in Amsterdam, 1992
- Why truth wins over fiction (and lies)
- The new Delta III goes nowhere (again)
- WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY TO STOP THE WAR
- Newsletter #114: April 15th,
1999 -- Down there are people just like us
- The use of D. U. in Yugoslavia
- Yeltsin is right to worry about this ecological disaster
- Cassini takes a hit
- Suggested contact list from LOVEARTH
- Two words that can stop Cassini
- Newsletter #113: April 14th,
1999 -- Your Tax Dollars at War
- Of mice and men with very big guns
- A look back at John Gibbon's comments from November, 1997
- Five year, $13 million contract awarded for new RTGs
- Titan launched successfully. Sort of. Well, not really
- London says nothing happened, no satellite was hijacked
- Newsletter #112: April 13th,
1999 -- A scientist tells the rat how to run the maze
- The scientist tells the rat how to run the maze
- Newsletter #111: April 9th, 1999
-- Cassini as the subject of a debate
- Hey, where is everybody? (Letter from a high school senior)
- Found on the web: Total Distortion
- Newsletter #110: April 6th, 1999
-- A look at the Y2K problem
- Y2K commentary
- More Y2K commentary
- Y2K, nukes, survival and poetry (forwarded message)
- A poem about how small and useless we each are
- Newsletter #109: April 5th, 1999
-- A tribute to Valentine Delgado
- Letters to The Okanagan Saturday (Canada)
- A link we like (Finland)
- Baltimore Cassini activists (United States)
- The dilution solution to pollution (Worldwide)
- There but for the grace of God go I (or you, for that matter)
- A little tidbit about J. Robert Oppenheimer (and commentary)
- Quote of the Day (Yesterday)
- What you can do Today to stop the Earth Flyby (make a stink)
- Subscription information (just say NO NUKES!)
- Newsletter #108: March 28th,
1999 -- Dr. Otto Raabe on Plutonium's hazards
- Karl Grossman presentation in Germany and Switzerland now online
- Letter to NASA requesting a link (or two)
- Cassini team attempts to prove there really is something good about
- Mars '98 update (say what?)
- Cassini can kill, but Y2K awaits
- Newsletter #107: March 14th,
1999 -- Another one bites the dust
- From the mailbag: Impossible or just highly unlikely?
- From the mailbag: Letter to NASA by Richard Wilcox
- From the These Things Just Kinda Happen Department...
- Reuters reports hackers have control of a British satellite
- The Fox has been assigned to study the henhouse
- Official Department of the Navy Censorship being done -- carefully
- Newsletter #106: March 5th, 1999
-- What can possibly stop NASA?
- What Can Possibly Stop NASA?
- Newsletter #105: March 4th, 1999
-- Science Does Not Exist In A Vacuum
- A discussion about the heat of reentry
- From the History Books: ICBM reentry temperatures revealed
- NASA's tests are simply inadequate
- Newsletter #104: March 3rd, 1999
-- Feedback from #103
- From the mailbag: Is there really anyone so "perfect" as Woody Smith?
- From the mailbag: Conversations with a "Yalie" (I guess)
- Long live Leo Weiss! He's lost his taste, but not his biting tongue.
- Playing hands? Stakes? Egads! Spoken like a true revolutionary!
- Newsletter #103: March 2nd, 1999
-- NASA's Woody Smith
- Woody Smith: Curator of NASA lies
- From the mailbag: Dr. Ross McCluney responds to #102
- Quote of the Day, by Judge Ernest Goldsmith
- Newsletter #102: March 1st, 1999
-- Petition against Cassini
- STATISTICS AND THE PHYSIOLOGY OF VISION
- From the mailbag: Gagnon's out of the picture?
- Coordinated efforts? A little protest to grab the headlines
- From the mailbag: Haber is glad to have Gagnon's help
- Reflections: Why all this is happening now (parts 1, 2 & 3)
- Newsletter #101: February 27th,
1999 -- Petition against Cassini
- Cassini Redirection Petition now available
- URLs for UN treaties
- Plutonium Particle Sizes 101: A primer on the problem
- Two facts about Cassini
- Wishes for bibliographical information about YH&OS
- Watching NASA WATCH: The Goldin Fool Strikes (out) again
- About this web site (outgoing email clip)
- Look at the sick world and laugh department
- Quote of the Day: Thomas Jefferson
- Newsletter #100: February 25th,
1999 -- Resolution against Cassini
- *** EMERGENCY RESOLUTION
- *** Newsletter Subscription information
- Newsletter #99: February 25th,
- Dr. Joan Russow presenting a petition to Canadian Prime Minister
- American Society of Civil Engineers Code of Ethics: A way out?
- Clips from the petition discussion group:
- It's Really A No Brainer
- NASA, Two-faced liars
- So, is 40 Lbs enough?
- It isn't Ad Infinitum
- Hoffman on Caldicott
- Newsletter #98: February 21st,
- Bob Mitchell, Cassini program manager at JPL, is a liar.
- Let's distinguish between Pu 238 and Pu 239 this year, folks
- A Canadian organized effort to prevent the Earth flyby
- Arguing over One Curie (petition discussion clip)
- What's out there? NASA's indicated composition for the RTGs
- Reminder: It's all a pack of lies (petition discussion clip)
- Why NASA keeps raising the flyby height (petition discussion clip)
- Followup: We found Mr. Randi's email address, and have sent him a note
- Newsletter #97: February 17th,
1999 -- Tribute to Dr. Henry Kendall
- Tribute to Dr. Henry Kendall
- Is it genocide, murder one or just manslaughter?
- Why the Venus Flyby is the "moment of truth" for Earthlings
- Regarding plutonium uptake in the body
- From the mailbag: Just 400 different letters will do the trick
- JPL's "Stella" report now online at our web site
- Where to go for more information NASA won't tell you
- From the Mailbag: Followup on KCBX's unsubscribing
- Quote of the day
- Newsletter #96: February 16th,
1999 -- THE CASSINI GAMBLE
- T H E C A S S I N I G A M B L E
- New Legal Angle to be tried -- find a head-of-state with the proper
concern for their people
- Yet another explanation for the media silence
- From the Mailbag: A delightful compliment, and some important points
- Where to go for more information NASA won't tell you
- Newsletter #95: February 15th,
1999 -- Web Stats for this web site
- Cassini web stats for week ending Valentine's Day 1999
- Newsletter #94: February 14th,
1999 -- Apologists, cover-up artists, sycophants and other Government toadies
- A $3 billion reminder that we are loosing the battle against space
- Plutonium 238 Deposition by Orange Trees
- Some Old Bull From the 50's (on other uses of radioactive thermocouples)
- From the mailbag: Personal advice for the editor (parts 1, 2, and 3)
- Jim Britell's generic suggestions which some might find relevant
- From the mailbag: NASA's wet dream
- And speaking of... James Randi update -- no response yet
- Quote of the day
- Newsletter #93: February 9th,
1999 -- James Randi's Magic
- From the mailbag: Can we ask the UN Security Council to do something?
- A Statement about Cassini by James Randi (and an answer)
- From the mailbag: An aerospace engineering student's questions
- Human Radiation Experiments: DOE web resource URL
- Newsletter #92: February 8th,
1999 -- Obviously, we are not in the same movement
- From the mailbag: More letters from/to Regina Hagen (part 1)
- Darmstalt meeting -- overview
- From the mailbag: More letters from/to Regina Hagen (part 2)
- Newsletter #91: February 5th,
1999 -- Panel Warns NASA: A Crisis Is Looming
- June 24th, 1999: A "hot" date with Venus
- Safety review board has bad news
- Comments about comments about Carols comments
- Found on the web: A link we like to see
- Newsletter #90: February 2nd,
1999 -- More feedback
- Galileo goes into Safe Mode near Europa
- From the Mailbag: Susan Lee Solar responds to #89
- From the Mailbag: What was Carol Rosin talking about in #89?
- From the Mailbag: Loring Wirble responds to #87 and #88
- From the Mailbag: Leo Weiss responds to #88 and #89
- Hanging together versus hanging separately
- A story about the birds and the bees, and group behavior
- Newsletter #89: February 1st,
1999 -- Carol Rosin issue
- Introducing Carol Rosin (but you should already know who she is)
- From the mailbag: Carol Rosin responds (#1)
- From the mailbag: Carol Rosin responds (#2)
- Newsletter #88: February 1st,
1999 -- Responses to newsletter #87
- From the mailbag: Kai Petzke responds
- From the mailbag: Jonathan Haber responds
- From the mailbag: Regina Hagen responds
- From the mailbag: Jim Spellman responds
- Newsletter #87: February 1st,
1999 -- Alienation (part 1)
- From the mailbag: 16th SYMPOSIUM ON SPACE NUCLEAR POWER AND PROPULSION
- Newsletter #86: January 28th,
1999 -- The thin red (or clear) line
- When is a biological weapon not a biological weapon? (Beat's me!)
- From the mailbag: More on Safe Mode
- From the mailbag: Immediate threats, long term threats and band aids
- From the mailbag: Is Cassini crippled and heading towards Earth?
- Newsletter #85: January 18th,
1999 -- Cassini is in SAFE MODE -- we aren't
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Cassini leaves UNSAFE MODE for SAFE MODE (NASA says)
- Mountain Biking, Nostradamus & Cassini
- A scientist (or so he claims) questions our web site (and a response)
- Newsletter #84: January 4th,
- DOE Notice of Intent: A response
- Newsletter #83: December 4th,
1998 -- Grossman's Nukes In Space II released
- NUKES IN SPACE 2 released
- Current Cassini Status (from JPL) -- problems
- From the mailbag: A pro-Cassini viewpoint (+ response)
- Newsletter #82: November 14th,
1998 -- NASA Pluto Mission deadline, more on Leonid
- NASA again requests opinions they will again ignore
- NOFLYBY questions and some suggested answers
- STOP CASSINI web site wins a statistically-derived award
- Newsletter #81: November 12th,
1998 -- Complain, Complain, Complain
- Letter to President Clinton regarding global warming
- Comments submitted to the United States Navy regarding their nuclear
- Letter regarding Dr. Irving S. Bengelsdorf's space debris commentary
- Newsletter #80: November 6th,
1998 -- Environmental extremism
- Environmental Extremism in America Today
- Newsletter #79: November 2nd,
1998 -- Russian primary coolant and Leonid--what a combo!
- Article by Regina Hagen now posted at the STOP CASSINI web site
- Vermont Cassini trial that wasn't ends in a no-justice decision
- DoE deadline extended for comments on future EIS provisions
- One reason why we need more and bigger public libraries
- Key government report on military nuclear waste disposal now available
- Quote of the day by Edmund Burke
- Newsletter #78: October 26th,
1998 -- Insects at Hanford
- Karl Grossman -- statement at the United Nations
- Unpublished letter to San Diego Union-Tribune regarding Hanford's insects
- From the mailbag: A battle turned down -- and out
- Quote of the day from Professor H. D. Smyth
- Newsletter #77: October 20th,
1998 -- The Truth Is Classified
- URGENT ACTION ITEM!!! Sent to us today from the Noflyby Site
- One environmental organization for all?
- Department of Energy (DoE) to build Holocaust Museum in Las Vegas,
- 13,000 or 230,000? Who knows?
- Lockheed Martin does the string fling thing
- Chinese satellite high-tails itself out of Leonid's way
- A thief among us: Insects robbing Hanford of their Nuclear stockpiles
- Part two -- Another Louis Friedman issue:
- Words to ponder (written in 1914)
- Dr. Friedman's most recent email to the editor of this newsletter
- My Response (from October 8th, 1998)
- Dr. Friedman's Resume
- And where am I coming from?
- Questions for Dr. Louis Friedman
- Newsletter #76: October 7th,
1998 -- Louis Friedman Followup Issue
- Newsletter #75: October 6th,
1998 -- Louis Friedman Issue
- Newsletter #74: September 29th,
- U.S. DoD "solves" a burning problem regarding its use of D. U.
- I believe it's time for her to fly: Send Jerrie Cobb into space at
- From the mailbag: Am I amazed at the number of rocket failures that
- Japanese TV interview written answers
- Newsletter #73: GAO report comparing
CVs to CVNs. September 8th, 1998
- GAO report comparing CVs to CVNs
- Cassini's current risk set (URL of article at the Stop Cassini Web
- Newsletter #72: Correction to
Newletters #70 & #71. August 27th, 1998
- CORRECTION AND CLARIFICATON (Art Bell caller was Karl Grossman)
- A level-headed view from the Mailbag
- Newsletter #71: Our Rockets are
a National Shame. August 27th, 1998
- Delta Dawn -- Titanic Blunder
- More on the IV
- CVN-74 storms into San Diego Bay
- Newsletter #70: A rumor of war,
or a war of rumors? August 22nd, 1998
- Was there any plutonium on board this Titan IVA rocket? (revisited
- What is a "Potentially Lethal Dose"?
- Breaking ranks, breaking news, or just a breaking wind?
- Email from Kai Petzke concerning NC-WARN's mysterious message
- Newsletter #69: August 20th,
- Was there any plutonium on board this Titan IVA rocket? (revisited)
- A chilling message
- The Incredible Shrinking Man?
- Another clue: The wind
- Solar Panels might get in the way
- Here's what I think
- A message for President Clinton
- Suggested additional reading
- Newsletter #68: August 15th,
- Was there any plutonium on board this Titan IVA rocket?
- Comments regarding the Titan IV's toxic cloud
- Should NASA give press credentials to Keith Cowing of NASA Watch?
- Newsletter #67: June 15th, 1998
- The STOP CASSINI U.N. Conference and sign-on sheet
- How to handle asteroids and comets
- Clear proof that NASA LOVES NUKES
- Newsletter #66: May 14th, 1998
- "inaccurate information about Cassini" being "widely disseminated"
- INFILTRATE NASA!!!!!
- Visit the SIGNIFICANT EVENTS web pages on Cassini
- Cassini Outreach: Workshops for Teachers
- From the mailbag: All that air up there
- From the mailbag: Says I worry too much
- Newsletter #65: April 16th, 1998
- A response to Murray Slovick, IEEE SPECTRUM
- Newsletter #64: March 25th, 1998
- Group Urges Russian President Yeltsin to Keep 'Mir' Alive
- Incoming mail: ...Why did this letter take so long to get mailed?
- Government ignores toxic mess: What else is new?
- A comment on the possibility of another "Persian Gulf War"
- Introducing Will Thomas: Journalist, Author, Videographer
- Newsletter #63: December 21st,
- The Action Site to Stop the Cassini Earth Flyby
- Government Space Debris report released
- A letter from Senator Barbara Boxer (D, CA)
- A letter from Dr. John Gibbons
- Newsletter #62: November 13th,
- Dump Dan Goldin.
- From the mailbag: Now that Cassini has launched, what's next?
- From the mailbag: What does history tell us?
- From the mailbag: School research project.
- From the mailbag: Doesn't like my logic.
- Canadian STOP CASSINI efforts (old news).
- It's too bad we keep seeing garbage like this.
- Newsletter #61: November 3rd,
- Kai Petzke's complaint: A response.
- The Dutch Masters: A clarification.
- Agent Provocateurs: A correction.
- Newsletter #60: October 30th,
- Cassini opposition continues in England
- Hurray for the Dutch President (of IPPNW)!
- Some old news, put here "for the record"
- From the mailbag: Is every bit of knowledge worth any risk?
- Newsletter #59: October 28th,
- The statistical significance of the successful Cassini launch is not
- There is no room for compromise.
- Some lame advice.
- Space Debris: What's the problem?
- The Leonid Meteor Shower, Solar Panels, and RTGs.
- Why did it take nearly a month for a letter to get from the Vice President's
office to mine?
- Best article about Cassini we've seen.
- Newsletter #58: October 20th,
- Our last event: The October 12th, 1997 Washington DC rally
- Recent web stats for www.animatedsoftware.com
- From the mailbag: Why the battle raged late into the night...
- From the mailbag: Throw me in jail!
- From the mailbag: Nothing to counterbalance what I have stated.
- From the mailbag: I'm dangerous when I sit at my computer...
- From the mailbag: Propaganda, half truths, and outright lies.
- Will wonders never cease?
Pre-Cassini launch editions:
- Newsletter #57: October 10th,
1997 Bonus issue!
- Please give yourselves all a round of applause
- Greenpeace Joins the Fray
- Debating a Senior Health Physicist
- Is low level radiation more dangerous than previously thought?
- A comment from Kai Petzke regarding "nuclear reactors"
- Will the Discovery Channel present a balanced panel?
- THANKS TO ALL WHO WROTE LETTERS LIKE THIS
- Newsletter #56: October 9th,
1997 Bonus issue! Cassini should have launched by now, but fate delt NASA
a tough hand (actually, it was human error).
- What's left to do?
- NSS gets AOL publicity to promote their Cassini misinformation campaign
- Did Clinton really say "go" to Cassini?
- From the 'in' box
- A correction
- Newsletter #55: October 8th,
1997 Bonus issue!
- Demonstration safety rocket crashes 10 minutes after launch.
- Study reported in the New Scientist indicates permissible radiation
levels may be set too high.
- Recent research available on Pu 238-exposed beagles...
- Did Space Debris kill this com. bird?
- New York Times publishes NASA puff piece: Jane Prettyman responds.
- Central PA checks in with a Cassini article.
- Eleven Arrests in Vermont: A report from the forest.
- Have you participated in the online Cassini vote yet?
- From the email 'in' box -- Continued debate...
- More from the email 'in' box -- says I'm overreacting.
- Newsletter #54: October 7th,
1997 Bonus issue!
- This launch can be delayed long enough for hearings. READ THIS!
- Suit filed in Hawaii Against Cassini
- A letter to Hillary Rodham Clinton's aides from Mark Anderson
- A poem about Cassini by A New York student
- Anti-Cassini cartoons on the Internet from Finland
- More Anti-Cassini cartoons on the Internet
- From the email 'in' box
- More from the email 'in' box
- And one more from the email 'in' box
- Newsletter #53: October 6th,
- Cassini: Front Page News Across the Country! The Internet Rules!!!!
- C|NET reports online about Cassini. The Internet Rules!!!! (Part 2)
- These two emails speak volumes for themselves
- A reminder that there are good scientists on BOTH sides of the debate
- Thursday, October 9th protest in Cleveland, Ohio
- Saturday, October 11th rally in Seattle Washington
- What is Dr. John Gibbons, Science Advisor to Clinton, missing?
- Contact Dr. Donna Shalala, Secretary, Health and Human Services
- Do I think there is a chance Clinton will stop the launch? Maybe, if
he reads this
- More from the electronic mailbag...
- Chernobyl: Environmental, Health and Human Rights Implications
- Newsletter #52: October 4th,
- Clinton's science advisor ignores the facts and okays the launch.
- NASA claims to be "really concerned". But about what?
- Another disgraceful tirade against good American Scientists.
- German translation of Michio Kaku's article now available.
- Comments concerning the dilution solution to pollution.
- NASA Press Release indicates current wind direction will not affect
the launch decision.
- Marilyn Vos Savant answers a question about Space Debris.
- Newsletter #51: October 2nd,
- A STOP CASSINI Special Report: Deleted Uranium
- Regarding "DU" (aka D. U., D.U., or Depleted Uranium), what's the one
burning question we are left with?
- At the web site: A rebuttal to comments in newsletter #48
- Email from someone who is afraid we won't escape our planet's "natural"
- Newsletter #50: September 29th,
- Pro-Nuclear Cassini Counter-Protest Efforts: A letter to Jim Spellman
- Florida Today's report on the DC protest
- San Francisco Examiner report on the SF protest
- ABC News Covers the News that Isn't The News
- From the mailbag: Why not have a vote?
- Newsletter #49: September 29th,
- A letter from the First Lady
- NASA'S ARTICLES OF FAITH by Perry Keidel, Veterans for Peace
- What's changed since Dr. Carl Sagan approved of Galileo in 1989?
- Future Missions and what they could have done if they had waited...
- Contact USA TODAY Weekend Edition
- Introduction to Pamela Blockey-O'Brien
- Need speakers for your next rally? Here's a good source
- Newsletter #48: September 26th,
- The White House Rally To Stop Cassini THIS SUNDAY -- 9/28/97
- PEACE POPGATE ?
- Northern CA Cassini Protest 10/1/97 -- Noon -- Humbolt State Univ.
- Answers to Jeff Cuzzi's pro-nuclear Cassini essay available
- Some questions still left unanswered by the pro-nuclear Cassini side
- A letter from Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey to Robert Cherwink
- Santa Cruz, California City Council votes UNANIMOUSLY to oppose Cassini
- President Clinton needs to hear from EVERYONE!
- A letter to Glennda Chui, Mercury News Staff Writer
- Online Cassini voting booth -- GO VOTE!
- More from our ever-exciting mailbag
- We have an unconfirmed report that a correction is in order
- Newsletter #47: September 22nd,
- A response to Michael Gilbrook's letter to SALON magazine
- Russell Hoffman's email to David Salon Magazine (added to online version
of this newsletter)
- Newsletter #46: September 21st,
- Dr. Otto Raabe congratulates USA TODAY. We don't.
- James Spellman calls for High School Debate teams to contact him.
- Dr. Horst Poehler would also like to help schools to debate Cassini.
- New York Stop Cassini rally features Congressman Nadler.
- A MIR 500 yards: Space Debris imperils Russian space station.
- Newsletter #45: September 18th,
- An answer to a front-page article in the San Francisco Chronicle.
- President Clinton's science adviser gets told to listen to the facts.
- Here is one item we heard Dr. Gibbons might be seeing, and an answer.
- News about a protest that didn't get much news.
- Bill Nye ("The Science Guy") look at Cassini from one side.
- A look at my "crudentials"...
- Newsletter #44: September 17th,
- Massachusetts State House of Representatives passes Anti-Cassini resolution!
- STOP CASSINI Protest planned for San Francisco, September 28th, 1997
- A NY Post editorial and Marcus Hammerschmitt's comments.
- ...and another answer from Marcus, this time to Time Magazine.
- A letter to Florida Today by Horst A. Poehler, Ph. D.
- The Boston Globe's pro-nuclear Cassini editorial: A response by R.
- Newsletter #43: September 17th,
- More emails with Jim Spellman Jr., President - California Space Development
Council and Executive Director - NSS/Western Spaceport Chapter.
- Newsletter #42: September 15th,
- A CALL TO ALL WORLD CITIZENS AND LEADERS by Carol Rosin.
- A continued correspondence with James Spellman.
- A comment about EPA's rejection of the NASA's Cassini SEIS.
- About the Gravity Assist flyby maneuver set for 1999.
- A letter to the Editor of the New York Post.
- More about the Cassini delay and current estimated launch date...
- Contact the President's Science and Technology person today!
- Newsletter #41: September 12th,
- Another Congressperson calls for Congressional Hearings.
- A message from John McConnell, founder of Earth Day.
- Another school is debating Cassini, and wonders who I am.
- A letter from a pro-nuclear Cassini student.
- Is there a fine line between science and religion?
- Another NASA press release.
- Global Meditation: September 16th, 1997: a web site.
- A suggestion for a Columbus Day anti-Cassini Action in Washington,
- Newsletter #40: September 9th,
- Beverly Cook lies to the media for NASA/DOE
- Vice President's staff provide for "plausible deniability"
- This just in from Russia
- EMAIL to/from/to NPR's Science Friday
- Contact NASA for Cassini documentation
- NPR's Science Friday Revisited -- a correction
- Newsletter #39: September 7th,
- A letter sent by Representative Dave Weldon to his colleagues
- NPR Science Friday Gangs up Against Michio Kaku
- An Introduction To Horst A. Poehler, Ph. D.
- Media Book Recently Distributed
- Update on Cassini Launch Schedule (Usenet thread posting)
- 1-888-NO CASSINI -- Protests in NYC and Wash D.C.
- Newsletter #38: September 5th,
- Newsletter #37: September 2nd,
- The world loses a Princess...
- A parallel between antipersonnel land-mines and plutonium...
- Continue the Call For Congressional Hearings
- U.S. Air Force Arrogance reaches new heights...
- Call 1-888-NOCASSINI to send three faxes for $9.95
- Scheduled Rallies Against Cassini
- NASA: Fearing everything but the real danger...
- NASA: Imperfect once again...
- Newsletter #36: August 30th,
- Talk to your congresspeople!!!!!
- Two new speeches now online.
- NO NUKES concert 9/24/97 in Washington, DC.
- We have lived too long with the dilution solution...
- Shrimp Boat Protest Against Cassini update.
- Newsletter #35: August 28th,
- The Shrimp Boat Protest Against Cassini Goes Underwater!
- Pro-nuclear Cassini correspondence with Franklin Ratliff.
- Call for congressional hearings.
- SLAP NASA ON THE WRIST NOW. NO NUKES IN SPACE.
- Newsletter #34: August 27th,
- The inspiration for the "Shrimp boat protest"
- "Shrimp boat protest" press release
- Newsletter #33: August 26th,
- "Shrimp boat protest" announced.
- Newsletter #32: August 25th,
- Planned protest September 26-28 at the gates of JPL:
- For Cassini protest schedules, visit www.lovearth.org.
- An answer (sort of) from Louis Friedman.
- A pro-nuclear Cassini statement (and a response).
- A pro-nuclear Cassini request for more balanced reporting (and a response).
- POP QUIZ: How many RHUs are supposed to be on board Cassini?
- Newsletter #31: August 22nd,
- A letter to Louis Friedman
- A continuing correspondence with Jim Spellman
- Newsletter #30: August 20th,
- Launch windows timetable.
- The "famous" 1981 Rockey et al solar report, scanned and posted for
- More of NASA's June 1995 EIS on the Cassini mission posted for viewing.
- Protesting on the steps of the Post Office.
- A comment about all the name-calling.
- Newsletter #29: August 15th,
- An email to us asking about Solar Alternatives.
- Introduction to Dr. Michio Kaku, Noted Physicist.
- Introduction to Dr. Ross McCluney, Solar Expert.
- Louis Friedman Correspondence -- Call for a hearings.
- A Space Probe Called Cassini: A Beginner's Guide.
- Newsletter #28: August 13th,
- Some good news about getting Cassini in the news (fwd)
- Proof that Jane Prettyman deserved an apology. (fwd)
- An apology to Jane Prettyman and a "Call to Connect", Louis Friedman
drops the ball.
- An apology accepted.
- Newsletter #27: August 11th,
- 2 Pro-nuclear Cassini emails.
- Excerpts from Jack Perrine's attacks on "Mr. Stop Cassini".
- NASA Cassini booster fuel leak update.
- With friends like this...
- Newsletter #26: August 8th, 1997
- NASA takes a leak in stride: Countdown test reveals Centaur fuel leak.
- Alternatives to NASA (a rebuttal to a February 1997 article about aliens.)
- ... And more alternatives, like Mag-lev launch systems...
- I have been called yet another name! Now, I am a "random non-expert".
- How to contact NASA directly.
- Newsletter #25: August 1st, 1997
- Karl Grossman's new book: THE WRONG STUFF (more info on how to order
it). (We also have a web
page about the book.)
- More about who Dr. John Gofman is and why we like to listen to him.
- Cassini Quiz by Kathy Spallone.
- Rebuttal to NASA's Rebuttal.
- Newsletter #24: July 24th, 1997
- Karl Grossman's new book: THE WRONG STUFF. (We also have a web
page about the book.)
- National Call-in Day August 6th sponsored by WILPF.
- The Editor to appear at 2pm on Saturday July 26th, 1997 on KABF 88.3
FM in Little Rock.
- SPACE DEBRIS: A comparison of two U.S. Interagency Government reports.
- More email with Louis Friedman, including C.V. for Dr. John W. Gofman.
- Newsletter #23: July 20th, 1997
- An email from someone who finds our position amusing.
- An email from someone who will probably be hard to convince (part 1).
- An email from someone who will probably be hard to convince (part 2).
- Reality Check on the message to Clinton published in an earlier newsletter.
- Newsletter #22: July 11th, 1997
- More emails with Jim Spellman Jr., President - California Space Development
Council and Executive Director - NSS/Western Spaceport Chapter.
- Newsletter #21: July 8th, 1997
- A Letter to President Clinton
- Yes, that's us in the SEIS
- A comment on NASA's new biasing values
- Is Russia's MARS 96 accident relevant?
- Newsletter #20: June 29th, 1997
- A letter from James Spellman Jr., President - California Space Development
Council and Executive Director - NSS/Western Spaceport Chapter.
- Newsletter #19: June 27th, 1997
- A letter we received about the RTGs
- A LEAFLET FROM THE NCANW (Non-Violent Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons)
- Are you getting our newsletters reliably?
- Newsletter #18: June 18th, 1997
- Planetary Society's Executive Director Louis Friedman responds...
- Newsletter #17: June 16th, 1997
- A Small But Vociferous Group (Louis Friedman's first comments)
- Please Contact 60 Minutes
- Keep Writing to President Clinton
- Newsletter #16: June 3rd, 1997
- Do You Speak German Or Know Someone Who Does?
- German Peace Group Link Added
- CALL FOR TRANSLATORS
- Could The Insurance Issue be the Achilles Heal for Cassini?
- A Quote from the Final Frontier
- Please tell me more about your campaign. Who is behind it?
- Newsletter #15: May 28th, 1997
- Our Web Site Has Won An Award!
- RTG Issue Resolved?
- Protests in Oregon?
- Reorganized Home Page
- Newsletter #14: May 21st, 1997
- As announced recently at this web site, on 5/17/97 Mr. Earle K. Huckins
III, Deputy Associate Administrator for Space Science, NASA, sent a
letter to the webmaster, Russell D. Hoffman. This newsletter and the two
prior to it (#13 and #12)
discuss the possible ramifications of that letter.
- Newsletter #11: May 10th, 1997
- "I believe this planet can provide us with everything we need, probably
enough for 10 billion people at a time or more, without significant damage
to the ecosystem. However, at our present rate, we will use up one after another
of our natural resources, making us even more desperate to turn to dangerous
and dirty alternatives."
- Newsletter #10: May 8th, 1997
- "Most pollution today was not even created in order to benefit someone
past or present, but was actually created because we did not know about, or
did not care about, how not to create it." Also includes a letter people can
send to President Clinton.
- Newsletter #9: May 5th, 1997
- An answer to a JPL/NASA statement sent in by a newsletter reader, regarding
NASA's own estimates of a launch accident and its potential. "...typical NASA-speak
using typical NASA numbers. I think it is a white-wash being done with hog-wash".
Note: Some early issues are not listed because they're contents
were merged into other documents which are published at the STOP CASSINI
- Newsletter #7: April 26th, 1997
- "Make no mistake about it, this is not a battle against Cassini. This is
a battle against nuclear energy, not space exploration. This is a battle against
proven bad technology, not technology in general. Certainly it is not a battle
against the many wonderful things that HAVE come out of NASA and the many
wonderful people that work there."
- Newsletter #6: April 22nd, 1997
- An answer to NASA WATCH
editor Keith Cowing
- Newsletters #3 and #4: April 17th and
- Are the Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators (RTGs) onboard Cassini actually
designed to incinerate if a flyby re-entry occurs? Yes! According to
NASA, from 32% to 34% of the plutonium in the RTGs "is expected to be released
at high altitude" in the event of a flyby reentry accident (Page 4-51 of the
June 1995 "Final" EIS on the Cassini Mission). That means around 20 pounds
of Plutonium IS EXPECTED to be released at high altitude. Of that, 20% to
66% will be in "respirable particles". Plus whatever is released at low altitude.
These newsletters show our earlier (somewhat flawed) analyses. For our latest
(5/22/97) analyses of NASA's own documentation on the RTGs, click
This article has been presented on the World Wide Web by:
The Animated Software Company
Last modified August 18th, 2004
Webwiz: Russell D. Hoffman